Click here to register for a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine as a carer
10/02/2021 Any patient that has received a shielding letter from the government and has not already been contacted about a coronavirus vaccine please make contact with the surgery 01796 472558
The Practice realises that expectations are rising with the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine. Please be assured that as soon as you become eligible, and we have a sufficient supply of the vaccine that we will contact you to offer an appointment.
We will likely receive delivery of the vaccine at short notice and therefore will contact patients via telephone in the first instance. We will of course follow-up patients that we have been unable to reach over the telephone.
The Practice will initially focus on the first eligible cohort of patients (those 80 years and over by 31 March 2021) until the end of January 2021.
We are also working with NHS Tayside to coordinating the administration of the vaccine to our over 80 year old patients who are housebound.
We thank you for your patience.
For more information about the vaccine, please visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/immunisation/vaccines/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine
Attending the Practice When attending an appointment, we ask for your co-operation in the following:
- Wear a face covering
- Attend alone where possible
- Maintain physical distancing
- Attend as near to your appointment time as possible. You may be asked to wait outside if you arrive too early. If you are late for your appointment, please call the Practice before coming in as we may need to arrange another appointment for you.
- Sanitise your hands with gel on arrival and departure (we have sanitising points at reception and in the waiting area)
DO NOT attend the Practice if you are:
- Displaying symptoms of COVID19 (cough, fever, loss of taste/smell)
- Self-isolating or in quarantine
- Awaiting a COVID test result
While many of us are eager to receive this Covid vaccine as soon as possible, we are asking that everyone is patient so that we can deliver this complex programme as effectively as possible. This will be in waves, starting with those aged 80 plus from January 2021 onwards and working down the age groups towards spring and early summer.
You will be contacted directly when it is your turn to be vaccinated. Please wait until you are before attempting to make an appointment or turning up at the practice.
For general information about the coronavirus vaccine and its delivery visit, NHS Inform: https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine or the NHS Inform National Helpline (not for appointments) 0800 030 8013 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm